ePIC Blockchain Technologies Inc., a North American-based cryptomining hardware company, today unveiled the SC200 Mining Rig for the Siacoin network. Priced at $1,2501 USD, the SC200 has been designed for high efficiency and reliable operation for many years of profitable mining.
“ePIC is proud to announce the SC200 Mining Rig for Siacoin. Our SC200 has been designed for reliable, long-life mining along with superior performance and efficiency,” Henry Quan, CEO of ePIC Blockchain, told Global Crypto.
“We chose to support Siacoin as our first ePIC-branded blockchain mining platform. ePIC firmly embraces the Skynet vision and blockchain storage applications,” he added. “The SC200 is the first of three mining products that ePIC will be releasing over the next year.”
Higher Hashing performance and Better Efficiency
The SC200 Mining Rig provides superior hashing performance and better operating efficiency for greater rewards mining Siacoin.
SC200 specifications2 are:
- 2,200 GH/sec. hashrate at 1,300 Watts or a high-efficiency mode of 1,800 GH/sec. at 900 Watts
- Compared to popular rigs on the Sia network, the SC200 provides 4x more hash rate for greater rewards and 60% better efficiency for lower operating cost.
The SC200 has been designed for reliable operation in the field using requirements, componentry and methodology common to Tier 1 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) cards.
The SC200’s robust design includes:
- Use of 16-phase power circuitry ensures stable power delivery: This design is rarely used in today’s mining rigs that typically incorporate lower-cost series power circuitry.
- Single piece heatsink for superior heat dissipation: Single piece heatsinks are more reliable in the field, overcoming failures such as dislodged heatsinks common to multi-piece designs.
- Long fan life: SC200 has been calibrated for extended fan life through optimizing thermal and operating efficiency.
“Proof-of-Work remains the only battle-tested, proven consensus mechanism for a decentralized blockchain. We are thrilled that ePIC Blockchain has joined us in the Sia mining community to help secure and protect this network, while the Sia team goes on to expand Skynet, a revolutionary cloud storage solution. Luxor remains committed to producing the best mining pool for Siacoin,” Nick Hansen, CEO, Luxor Technologies, said in a statement to Global Crypto.
Price and Availability
The SC200 is now in production and will be available for shipment by mid-August 2020. Priced at $1,250 USD, volume discounts are available for large-volume purchases. ePIC have said that quantities are limited in order to avoid network saturation which would render mining unprofitable.
Sia is the leading decentralized cloud storage platform. No signups, no servers, no trusted third parties. Sia leverages blockchain technology to create a data storage marketplace that aims to be more robust and more affordable than traditional cloud storage providers.
1Optional 1600W power supply available for $100.
2Specifications are subject to change without notice.
*Trademarks are owned by their respective owners.